Monday, September 28, 2009

SLOb CHARACTER: WHAT SHE did OVER THE WEEKENd:)



June
It was a Saturday morning when I got up very early to a loud noise coming from outside my room. It came to being May and Rosaleen cleaning up the house. They sang the "Oh Susana" song while doing chores. This made May be more relaxed because she always hummed it when she was happy or when something was bothering her. I woke up with a bad mood and I really didn't want to talk to anybody or be disturbed. As I was walking down the stairs i felt the smooth hand rail on my hand going down as soft as not even feeling anything there. All of a sudden I bump into Lily hoping she doesn't talk to me in any sored of way.

"Good morning June! Did you have a good nights rest?" Lily said with a big and bright smile on her face, while holding a jar of honey.

In my mind I thought, why is she still here? or when will she leave? I didn't want to sound mean or disrespectful so I just responded to her question.

"Yeah sure I guess I slept pretty good last night" I tried saying this with a straight face but I was in a bad mood so my face looked uncalled for.

I didn't have much appetite for that mornings breakfast knowing that there had to be at least honey in the meal. So I just grabbed myself a cup of coffee and went to the living room to see some TV. I wiggled my hand into the sofas cushion's because the control had been stuffed there somehow, to my surprise my coffee had spilled on the sofa leaving a big brown stain that looked horrible. Trying to clean it I tried scraping it with hot water and a piece of cloth. While I was doing that I happened to look outside the window and see that Neil was standing right upfront of the porch. He looked so handsome with his ripped shirt that looked like he had worked out in the fields doing some sort of dirt job. I didn't pay attention to that other than the fact that he was tall and had a way of flexing every time he moved. Stepping in the house his sudden words were

" Is June around"

I quickly ran up to him and said hi. I invited him in to the living room where the big stain was and told him it was an accident. He didn't really mind and headed to see the cello. I remembered that he wanted me to give him lessons on how to play, so I asked him if he wanted I could play for him. So we just scattered around and played the Cello the whole morning while laughing and talking amongst ourselves.

3 comments:

  1. I like how you showed June's personality, and how you described the railing on the stairs, it was very descriptive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i liked how you added the oh susana song because you brought out that real part from the story and made it into your own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a very descriptive piece.
    i like how you were describing how Neil and how June's mood changed really quick

    ReplyDelete