Monday, November 9, 2009

HERO pROjECT REFLECTiON!


I think that a Hero becomes what he/she is because people admire their grateful actions and they always put others before themselves, but sometimes it depends on your perspective that you see them.
The hero in my eyes project is about seeing someone as your hero and recognizing them as being a hero to you by writing about how they are a hero, or else writing about one moment that you considered special to you and your hero because he/she made a heroic action towards you or the community. Throughout the project we had to think of what makes your hero a hero and why you chose to write about them. This meant really focusing on making your reader understand why your hero was a hero to you. After several drafts and correcting papers to specify why your person is a hero to you, we got to finally putting it into a template and putting two of our favorite pictures of our hero in the template.
The steps that I took to getting to my final product were really hard and I had some trouble getting in the process of finishing it, but at the end it turned out great. The first step that I took was brainstorming who my real hero was in my life and who I could write about in specific detail. This took me a while but I finally got to the point where I chose my mom. After I got finished with that, I got to working on my first draft writing about one moment where my mom was a hero to me, and other qualities she had that made her a hero to other people too. Later on I revised my drafts and it was really hard meeting up to the requirements that it had to be in. At the time I wasn’t really good in incorporating a lot of detail into my writing and I had to show not tell, which I was getting alone pretty well. This process took a while but I honestly got my final draft done on time and I was really proud of what it turned out to look like. And my final step now was to put it in a template format, which I had a little trouble doing because there was a length requirement in how many words we had to have. This was a problem to me because I had more words that didn’t fit in the template so I had to erase some sentences and make it fit all in. And this turned out to be my final product which made me proud but I only had to make some finishing touches that were to insert two of my favorite pictures of my mom in the sides of the templates and there it was my beautiful piece.
I learned a lot of great new things about this project and what it’s based on. I learned that you don’t have to have superhero powers to make that person your hero or base what you think of a hero to be in a fictional character. I learned a lot of different ways to define the word hero and other people’s perspective on it and what they think it means to them. In this project I encountered a lot of difficult problems that I struggled with like when it was time to choose a hero I had trouble choosing over my mom and my dad. I also had some trouble in revising my drafts because I really didn’t understand how I was supposed to include a lot more showing and not telling because this painted a picture in the readers mind, and I had trouble finding the areas where I was supposed to include more details, and describe the moment more. The only thing that I would do the same is turn in all my drafts on time so that I could get some good feedback and not wait until the last moment. I think that later on in my life this subject is going to help me because I want to grow up to be a hero in someone’s eyes and to do that I have to know the definition of what a hero is and I want to demonstrate that by being one myself.
As I was writing my essay I decided to included perspective on my paper because I think that everyone has a different perspective on different subjects and in this case to me a hero is someone who takes care of me and makes my wishes come true and also someone who gives up something to give it to another person and that’s why I chose to write about my mom. It also related to my writing because I had a very different perspective of what a hero was based on what I wrote about my mom and her moment with me getting me my dress.
http://chamagosa.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment