Sunday, April 25, 2010

Talking These Ideas Out



What has struck you?
What struck me the most about Food Inc. was the part where they talked about the illegal people that work there and get deported when they get fired or try to say something about what they are really doing to the food that is being produced. It is illegal to hire illegal workers in the company but the company has allied with the immigration officers to let them hire illegal people having that as a win win share because then when the companies fire the illegals they tell the immigration officers where to look for them and they have to at least deport 15 illegals everyday. This is really unfair and shows how people can be manipulated really easily just for money, and to produce unhealthy meals for us and our family.

Do you agree or disagree with the concepts? Why?
I strongly agree with the concepts that were being said in the movie because everything is said with a reason and everything thing that is being accused of has prove and reasons why. I think that this movie shows and talks about their different types of reasons why they are doing a documentary that makes the food companies look bad.

How can you apply them to the real world?
I can apply these things by buying locally and always reading what is in my food before I buy it or eat it. Also to encourage others to eat and have a healthier life style.

What do your parents or family members think?
As I was talking about this to my dad he knew what I was talking about and I was surprised because I couldn't believe he didn't care. But later on I was going deep in to what I had seen in the movie, my dad was getting more interested in it and I was glad about it. Now since I talk about it all the time they want to see the movie and learn more about it, they got really interested in it :)

2 comments:

  1. I was also really aggravated by the way the Immigrants were treated by the companies. It's so horrible that our government is so controlled by these companies that they can't even punish them for breaking the law.
    I also really liked how you're getting your parents to care about the problems at hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i understand well what you are saying in your writting and could relate when you said you agree to the concepts because they have reasond for saying the things they say and they have evadince to back it up.

    ReplyDelete