Tuesday, June 1, 2010

R.E.M

Project Description
This project was based on My Ishamel, which was a book we have been reading in class for a while. We got to pick what we wanted our Reading Enjoyment Maximizer to be from a piece of paper giving us choices. We could do as many as we wanted but I just chose one, which was the Playlist where I picked songs that matched chapters that I had read in the book. And to understand why I picked them I wrote a description on the bottom explaining my reasons why I chose this type of song.
Process
The first steps that I took to start off with this project was explore the different kinds of music there was to go along with my reading. After I started getting the hang of this I got started with the first chapter and then went along with more. I then started finding the meaning of why I was choosing these songs and what beat or rhythem they had that interacted with the chapters. Later on towards the end I went back and revised my work and added one more song to a chapter that could be understood with two songs.
Reflection
What i learned while doing this project was the meaning of each chapter and how I could visualize it more by adding some music to it that expressed the dramatic scenes in them. I also learned how to convey something while explaining it with something different. Some of the challenges that I encountered while doing this project was starting out with the first chapter because I have hard times starting off stuff and making them make sense. Another thing that was challenging for me was trying to figure out what type of music fit each chapter, when all I listen to is Mexican music and I couldnt find any that convinced me to put in. The thing that I would do the same is listen carefully to what the songs say and how the rhythem accompanies it while proving or describing a point. I think that this will help me later on because it will make me more focused and prove that everything has meaning to it.

Hello There: Tick Tock-Kesha
I chose this song for this chapter becuase it talks about how she has her life and how shes living it when something is wrong with it.
Room 105: Cold Dark Room-Tyler Wayne Thompson
I chose this song because it talks about a room where it's dark and how you can't live without seein glight, and this really connects to what the story is about and what they talk about in Room 105.
I Take On The Ape: Getting To Know Each Other-Gerard KennyI chose this song because in this chapter Julie meets Ishmael and they start getting to know each other and they become friends that just have deep conversations.
We Lurch To The Starting Line: We Will Survive-Dj Sanger
I chose this song because of the rhythem that it played and how the beat flowed very smooth and dramatic at the same time while they were having the conversation about how civilization was now in days.
The Daydream: Daydream-Avril Lavigne
I chose this song because it had a really good straight out connection with the chapter whcih was about Julies dream and how she was telling it to Ishmael. The beat also related to this type of writing because it is a very rock and pop theme at the same time that goes with the rhythem that Julie tells her daydream.
Meet Mother Culture: Waving Flag-K’naan
I chose this song because it is a really good song to think about when your reading this chapter since it talks about all the things that are going on around the world and this is a very inspiering song to motivate you to do something for the own good of Mother Culture.
The People Of The Curse: My World-Avril Lavigne
I chose this song because it made me remember reading this chapter because she describes the world being so confusing and everything havign a problem with a simple answer to it that stared us in the face.
The People Of The Curse: Whatever You Like-T.I
I chose this song because of the lyrics that were said since they described how people saw the world and how life was now from getting stuff and money and material stuff.
Your Culture: Live Your Life-T.I. ft Rihanna
I chose this song because of the way it explained how life was in the lyrics and how difficult it is, but also it has a connection to how in this chapter it talked about having your own culture, and the song realtes to this with is lyrics portraying it to the real life experiences.
The History Of Man In 17 Seconds &&Tunes And Dancer: The Big Bang Theory
I chose this song for both chapters because they go together in the sense that they both recap what happened in the past and how everything literally started. Even though the song was kind of into a language that made you think how everything got the way it is now.
A Visit To Calliope: Rising Empire-Immediate Music
I chose this song because it really hits the beat in which the writer changes his dramatic moments and the calm ones.
Calliope, Part 2: Fahrenheit
I chose this song because even though you cant really understand what the lyrics are or what they are saying, the rythem is very cultural to the way the chapter is in it's conversation.

No comments:

Post a Comment