Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Evelyn Glennie: Shows How To Listen

What will you remember about her performance? Be specific about the experience. &&

Describe what it felt like listening to her play. What factors helped create this moment? You can describe any of the times that she played on either instrument (the Snare drum or Marimba

The thing that I will remember about Evelyn's performance is the part where she plays her instrument. This really caught my attention by the expression that she made in her face, and not only that she really showed much emotion in her hands which was the source of which she played really dramatic and mysterious notes. Whenever she played, it really caught peoples attention because you get to listen while you watch her play and you would of never guessed that it was really complicated playing the way she did, meanwhile being death. I also think that when she played the drums I never figuered that you had to stand in a certain position and also hear the vibrations of the drums in order to know what note you just played. I thought that this was really interesting and very entertaing which is something that I wouldn't really say, but I really liked her performance and I admire her for being death which must be really hard for her even though she is a strong women that came to the music industry and never gave up.

What elements of her performance influenced what the audience heard?

The elements that Evelyn used to make the audience hear what she wanted were typical hand gestures and just literally hitting some type of random thing that she saw to make the audience hear what she wanted them to hear. This basically means that she used anything to make noise out of something that you wouldnt expect for it to hear that way, and make the audience guess what noise she was trying to make.

What did she mean by, "Each person experiences music in their own way"? Think about how you experience music and why everyone doesn't enjoy listening to the same music.

I think that what she ment by this was that people have different ways and perspectives which means that if I interpert something one way another person might hear it differently because they hear through another way or see things at a different level. This means that people have their own personal way of understanding their own music and sounds. I think that the way that I experience music is really different from others because I like to be active and like the loud energetic music, which I know alot of people don't really like, and they won't really enjoy it very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment